The New Trek 520 Touring Overview is used Touring bicycles in $1,489.99 in UK. The Trek 520 Road bike is the classic steel touring bike, perfected. Every inch of 520 has been tuned to for maximum comfort, stability, and reliability, mile after mile after mile. If you’re a committed touring cyclist looking for the utmost in comfort and durability to carry you to familiar destinations and unexplored vistas, 520 is your ride.
Highlights Trek 520 :
- Generous load capacity
Low touring mounts front and rear stabilize heavy multi-day touring loads.
- Supreme comfort
The smooth ride of ultra-durable butted chromoly steel makes 520 comfortable day after day.
- Touring-specific drivetrain
Touring drivetrain combines mountain bike gearing with road bike smoothness.
- Ultimate stability
Longer chainstays, a longer wheel base, and a lower center of gravity provide ultimate stability, even when the bike is fully loaded.
Feuatures Trek 520 :
- Platinum Series steel frame : Bombproof butted frame with a steel-smooth ride.
- Low touring mounts : Touring-specific mounts stabilize loads for multi-day trips, with no additional hardware required.
- Touring geometry : We’ve spent more than three decades perfecting the 520 geometry to suit the heavy loads and high miles of multi-day touring.
- 36-spoke wheels : Super-strong 36-hole rims give 520 a stout foundation for miles and miles of fully loaded riding.
- Fender compatible : Fender mounts allow for full-coverage fenders so you can ride comfortably in less-than-ideal conditions.
- Reliable Shimano shifting : Dura-Ace bar-end shifters, ultra-durable Deore LX Derailleurs, and a Shimano M543 Trekking crank add up to the highest-value touring combination available.
- 9 speed : Performance-oriented gearing for performance-oriented bikes and riders.
Specs Trek 520 :
Colors Metallic Bronze
Frame Trek butted chromoly
Fork Chromoly Touring w/lowrider mounts
Sizes 48, 51, 54, 57, 60cm
Wheels Shimano Deore hubs w/Bontrager Camino alloy rims
Tires Bontrager Race Lite Hard-Case, 700x32c
Shifters Shimano Dura-Ace, bar end control, 9 speed
Front derailleur Shimano Deore LX
Rear derailleur Shimano Deore
Crank Shimano Trekking M543, 48/36/26 w/chainguard
Cassette Shimano HG50 11-32, 9 speed
Pedals Nylon body w/alloy cage
Saddle Bontrager Evoke 1
Seatpost Bontrager Race Lite, infinite tilt adjustment, 20mm offset
Handlebar Bontrager Race VR-C, 31.8mm
Stem Bontrager Race Lite, 31.8mm, 7 degree
Headset FSA Orbit, alloy cups
Brakeset Tektro RL520 levers w/ Avid SD-5 linear-pull brakes
Extras Bontrager BackRack Deluxe
Image Credit: © Trek